In this project-based Introduction to MySQL video tutorial series, you'll quickly have relevant skills for real-world applications.
Follow along with our expert instructor in this training course to get:
Practical working files further enhance the learning process and provide a degree of retention that is unmatched by any other form of Introduction to MySQL tutorial, online or offline... so you'll know the exact steps for your own projects.
This course teaches you how to create a stand-alone MySQL database and how to add, change, delete, and query data within that database. You'll develop a basic understanding of relational databases and gain hands-on experience with the typical software tools application developers, business analysts, and database report writers use to create and work with MySQL databases.
When you complete this course, not only will you know how to use MySQL, you'll also have a good understanding of the world's dominant relational database management systems developed by Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft, and IBM.
* Become familiar with relational databases and the distinctions between SQL and MySQL
* Gain hands-on experience creating and querying MySQL databases
* Discover how to use functions, create indexes, and summarize data
* Understand how to do complex SQL queries and optimize a database's performance
* Explore comparison and logical operators, pattern matching, joins, and subqueries
* Know how to modify database data using SQL, and how to create and use views
* Learn the processes and software used in the world's leading RDMS systems
Steve Perry teaches database design, MySQL, and the web development stack at Palomar College near San Diego. He's worked in IT and software development since 1977, holds a Master's degree in Education with an emphasis on adult education and online training, and is the author of multiple O'Reilly titles, including "Learning SQL For Oracle" and "Dynamic Web Design with PHP and MySQL".
Broad, deep, and trustworthy information—everything from the Learning Library plus much more. 40,000 books, videos, and tutorials from 200+ pro publishers.
Complete Customer Satisfaction is our goal.
All O'Reilly Training DVDs come with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with your Training DVD just contact our sales department within 30 days of purchase for a refund. View our full terms and conditions