In this project-based Information Architecture Essentials video tutorial series, you'll quickly have relevant skills for real-world applications.
Follow along with our expert instructor in this training course to get:
Practical working files further enhance the learning process and provide a degree of retention that is unmatched by any other form of Information Architecture Essentials tutorial, online or offline... so you'll know the exact steps for your own projects.
Apprentice yourself to information architecture (IA) master Jorge Arango in this thought-provoking, fast-paced, and thorough examination of what it takes to produce effective UX design. Would-be UX designers will learn how to make information easy to find-and easy to understand-as Arango guides you through the concepts, research and design methods, and implementation processes used in the practice of IA.
In part one, Arango explains what IA is, the problems it solves, and how users experience it. In part two, he describes the critical foundational work that must be accomplished before the IA can be defined. Part three is a review of the standard components used to implement IA, and part four describes the essential skills one must master to actually do IA.
- Understand the primary goals of information architecture
- Explore how users find information and how IA helps that search effort
- Learn about the "Problem Space" and the use of conceptual modeling in IA
- Master basic IA components: organization schemes, labeling systems, and navigation systems
- Identify the communication skills essential to working in IA multi-disciplinary teams
- Learn how UX designers communicate IA design concepts to IA team members
- Discover how to create IA that evolves successfully over time
Jorge Arango is a successful information architecture practitioner based in Oakland, CA. He is a co-author of O'Reilly Media's UX design Bible, Information Architecture, 4th Edition, a partner at FutureDraft, and a twenty-year veteran of "making the complex clear" for organizations that range from non-profits in the developing world to Fortune 500 companies.
Broad, deep, and trustworthy information—everything from the Learning Library plus much more. 40,000 books, videos, and tutorials from 200+ pro publishers.
Complete Customer Satisfaction is our goal.
All O'Reilly Training DVDs come with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with your Training DVD just contact our sales department within 30 days of purchase for a refund. View our full terms and conditions