In this project-based Event-Driven Microservices video tutorial series, you'll quickly have relevant skills for real-world applications.
Follow along with our expert instructor in this training course to get:
Practical working files further enhance the learning process and provide a degree of retention that is unmatched by any other form of Event-Driven Microservices tutorial, online or offline... so you'll know the exact steps for your own projects.
Software developers and architects increasingly turn to microservices as a framework for improving the agility and velocity of their development efforts. But is it the right approach? This video presents a balanced view of the benefits and drawbacks of microservices. It outlines the motivations driving the adoption of microservices; compares and contrasts it to monolithic architecture; describes solutions to key problems such as inter-service communication and distributed data management; and moves on to a set of strategies for refactoring a monolithic application into a set of microservices.
- Understand how microservice architecture tames complexity in large applications
- Discover strategies for partitioning an application into microservices
- Examine deployment patterns like multiple services per host and service per virtual machine
- Understand the issues surrounding API gateways, service discovery, and service registration
- Discover the microservice chassis - a framework for easily creating small short lived services
- Explore the problem of data consistency in microservices and solutions to that problem
- Learn about event sourcing, implementing queries, and command query responsibility segregation
Chris Richardson is a developer, architect, Java Champion, and JavaOne rock star. He wrote POJOs in Action (which describes how to build enterprise Java applications with frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate) and was the founder of the original CloudFoundry.com, an early Java PaaS for Amazon EC2. He is the creator of microservices.io and is working on his third startup: a platform for developing reactive microservices.
Not sure which video training course to purchase? Join our Online Learning Library and have unlimited access to all our content 24/7 for only $25.00 per month.
O'Reilly offer a variety of solutions to provide training across your organisation.
The O'Reilly Multi-User training solutions can accommodate educational and corporate/government organizations of all sizes. It’s built to be a self-contained learning platform, but can also be easily integrated into an existing LCMS if required. Simply put it’s an highly affordable training platform that can be customised to meet your exact requirements no matter how many people you need to provide training to. select your organization type below to find out more.
Complete Customer Satisfaction is our goal.
All O'Reilly Training DVDs come with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with your Training DVD just contact our sales department within 30 days of purchase for a refund. View our full terms and conditions