In this project-based Debugging Java and Scala video tutorial series, you'll quickly have relevant skills for real-world applications.
Follow along with our expert instructor in this training course to get:
Practical working files further enhance the learning process and provide a degree of retention that is unmatched by any other form of Debugging Java and Scala tutorial, online or offline... so you'll know the exact steps for your own projects.
For engineers, architects, and DevOps teams, distributed architectures and reactive applications make pinpointing and fixing production errors in Java and Scala code an increasingly difficult task. In this hands-on, practical video, JVM and debugging expert Tal Weiss reviews the practices Java and Scala developers can use to spot, profile and correct production application issues. He provides a set of advanced techniques that can be put to immediate use for quickly profiling and debugging live servers, and resolving critical errors without impacting performance.
- Review the pros and cons of production debugging using JDK, APM, Log, and Metrics tools
- Discover the importance of injecting state into JVM threads when debugging behavior and performance
- Explore advanced capabilities of jstack and Hotspot debugging tools
- Explore the components, advantages, and disadvantages of JVM debugging architecture
- Create advanced debugging and monitoring functions, using advanced Bytecode instrumentation techniques for both Java and Scala applications
- Write Java agents to profile and collect root cause state from production JVMs
- Wire your Java agents into your DevOps infrastructure using industry DevOps protocols
- Discover the JVM Tooling Interface - the JVM's lowest level of native API
Tal Weiss builds JVM production debugging tools for high-scale applications. He is CEO at Takipi and was co-founder/CEO at VisualTao (acquired by Autodesk). He's been designing scalable, real-time Java and C++ applications for 15 years. Tal blogs at blog.takipi.com.
Not sure which video training course to purchase? Join our Online Learning Library and have unlimited access to all our content 24/7 for only $25.00 per month.
O'Reilly offer a variety of solutions to provide training across your organisation.
The O'Reilly Multi-User training solutions can accommodate educational and corporate/government organizations of all sizes. It’s built to be a self-contained learning platform, but can also be easily integrated into an existing LCMS if required. Simply put it’s an highly affordable training platform that can be customised to meet your exact requirements no matter how many people you need to provide training to. select your organization type below to find out more.
Complete Customer Satisfaction is our goal.
All O'Reilly Training DVDs come with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with your Training DVD just contact our sales department within 30 days of purchase for a refund. View our full terms and conditions