In this project-based Database Fundamentals for Java Programmers video tutorial series, you'll quickly have relevant skills for real-world applications.
Follow along with our expert instructor in this training course to get:
Practical working files further enhance the learning process and provide a degree of retention that is unmatched by any other form of Database Fundamentals for Java Programmers tutorial, online or offline... so you'll know the exact steps for your own projects.
Database programming and design are core competencies expected of every Java programmer. This code-oriented course moves you toward competency by providing a detailed overview of how to program for the two most common types of database systems used today: The traditional relational RDBMS systems (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL) and the now popular non-relational NoSQL systems (e.g. Mongo DB and Apache Cassandra).
Filled with hands-on action, you'll work with three databases: SQLite3 (relational), PostgreSQL (relational), and MongoDB (NoSQL) and three APIs: JDBC, JPA, and the Java API for MongoDB. In addition, the course also covers the basics of schema design and normalization in RDBMSes.
* Acquire the database and design knowledge every Java programmer must possess
* Understand the distinctions in programming for relational systems vs. NoSQL systems
* Go hands-on with three popular database systems: SQLite3, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
* Gain experience programming with the Java JDBC, JPA, and MongoDB APIs
* Explore the basics of schema design and normalization for RDBMS systems
* Learn to evaluate the trade-offs between lightweight and heavyweight database systems
* Course is designed for learners with basic Java skills and access to Java 8 or later
Martin Kalin has a Ph.D. from Northwestern University and is a professor in the College of Computing and Digital Media at DePaul University who's worked with Java since 1995. In addition to teaching, Martin is a commercial programmer who specializes in writing large software systems related to production planning and scheduling. He has co-written a series of books on C and C++ and is the author of six O'Reilly titles, including "Beginning Java Web Development" and "Learning Apache Tomcat".
Broad, deep, and trustworthy information—everything from the Learning Library plus much more. 40,000 books, videos, and tutorials from 200+ pro publishers.
Complete Customer Satisfaction is our goal.
All O'Reilly Training DVDs come with a 100% money back guarantee. If you are not happy with your Training DVD just contact our sales department within 30 days of purchase for a refund. View our full terms and conditions